Transactions conducted through the Pohjolan Liikenne Online Shop abide by Finnish law and the quality standard set by the public transport laws. A purchase made from the Pohjolan Liikenne Online Shop is binding once the transaction has been made.
Correctness of the information
The ticket purchaser is responsible for providing correct information for the purchase and delivery of the tickets. Pohjolan Liikenne is not responsible for problems in sending the confirmation or delivery of tickets resulting from incorrect information or any damage resulting from them.
Presenting the ticket
The ticket contains information that entitles to travel and it must be presented when boarding the bus. The e-ticket can be opened from the link found on the covering email sent to the address provided by the customer (read more about e-tickets). The customer is responsible for presenting the ticket to the driver.
The ticket can either be printed out or presented to the driver from the screen of a mobile device. When presented from a mobile device, the QR-code and texts on the ticket must be clearly readable on the screen. When presenting the ticket from a mobile device, brightening the screen helps the scanning of the code.
Please note that the order number or the covering email of the ticket are not sufficient travel documents.
Tickets purchased from the Online Shop cannot be changed or cancelled. The validity of the ticket depends on the ticket type.
- The Flexible ticket is not tied to one exact service. The ticket is valid either for one day or 30 days from the date of travel marked on the ticket. The validity period can be checked in the online shop and on the ticket itself. During its validity period the ticket can be used for travel on any bus service operated by Pohjolan Liikenne on the same route and direction that are marked on the ticket.
- The Basic and Special Offer tickets are valid on the chosen bus service on the chosen date. Family and Group tickets are Basic tickets.
- With a Basic and Flexible ticket you can also board the bus along the route, as long as the ticket covers the rest of your trip. Special offer tickets are only valid from the departure stop to the destination stop marked on the ticket, including the other stops within the same city or town. Changes are not included.
- The Multi-journey ticket is valid on any bus departures operated by Pohjolan Liikenne in both directions on the chosen route.
- The Season ticket entitles you to travel unlimitedly during the ticket's period of validity on all bus services operated by Pohjolan Liikenne on the chosen route. The Season ticket is personal, and an official identity card must be presented with the ticket on the bus.
- Passengers entitled to Student or Pensioner discount must present a valid discount card on the bus together with their ticket. Students are eligible for a discount only upon presentation of a valid physical or digital student card that includes Matkahuolto's logo. Student ID's issued outside Finland are not accepted.
- Junior passengers aged 6-16 years are granted a discount in our Online shop. Children under the age of 6 years always travel for free with an adult on our services.
A service fee of 0,60 € is added to all orders in the online shop.
The service fee does not apply for Finnair City Bus tickets.