Terms and Conditions of Purchase
Transactions conducted through the Pohjolan Liikenne Online Shop abide by Finnish law and Pohjolan Liikenne's conditions of carriage as well as ticket terms and conditions. A purchase made from the Pohjolan Liikenne Online Shop is binding once the transaction has been made.
The ticket purchaser is responsible for providing correct information for the purchase and delivery of the tickets. Pohjolan Liikenne is not responsible for problems in sending the confirmation or delivery of tickets resulting from incorrect information or any damage resulting from them.
The ticket contains information that entitles to travel and it must be presented when boarding the bus. The e-ticket can be opened from the link found on the covering email sent to the address provided by the customer (read more about the new e-ticket here). Multi-journey are delivered as a pdf-attachment to the e-mail address provided by the customer. The customer is responsible for presenting the ticket to the driver.
The ticket can either be printed out or presented to the driver from the screen of a mobile device. When presented from a mobile device, the 2D-code and texts on the ticket must be clearly readable on the screen. When presenting the ticket from a mobile device, brightening the screen helps the scanning of the code.
Please note that the order number or the covering email (that the pdf-ticket is attached to) are not sufficient travel documents.
Tickets purchased from the Online Shop cannot be changed or cancelled. The validity of the ticket depends on the ticket type.
- The Flexible ticket is valid for 30 days from the date of travel marked on the ticket, on any bus services operated by Pohjolan Liikenne that are on the same route and in the same direction as marked on the ticket.
- The Basic and Special Offer tickets are valid on the chosen bus service on the chosen date. Family and Group tickets are Basic tickets.
- With a Basic and Flexible ticket you can also board the bus along the route, as long as the ticket covers the rest of your trip. Special offer tickets are only valid from the departure stop to the destination stop marked on the ticket, including the other stops within the same city or town. Changes are not included.
- The Multi-journey ticket is valid on any bus departures operated by Pohjolan Liikenne in both directions on the chosen route.
- The Season ticket entitles you to travel unlimitedly during the ticket's period of validity on all bus services operated by Pohjolan Liikenne on the chosen route. The Season ticket is personal, and an official identity card must be presented with the ticket on the bus.
- Passengers entitled to Student or Pensioner discount must present a valid discount card on the bus together with their ticket. Students are eligible for a discount only upon presentation of a valid student card issued jointly by Matkahuolto and VR. Student ID's issued outside Finland are not accepted.
- Junior passengers aged 6-16 years are granted a discount in our Online shop. Children under the age of 6 years always travel for free with an adult on our services.